Classical with Charlotte Mason Influence
The classical method, a time-honored, proven approach to education has inspired independent thinkers and launched influential leaders for hundreds of years. It’s based on academic inquiry and has its origins in ancient Greece and Rome. Classical education has evolved over time, but intellectual curiosity is still at its core.
A classical education is based on great ideas, great books (including primary sources when possible), foundational truths and principles, and enduring traditions and skills. It holds to long-established standards.
Charlotte Mason method influences Boone Prairie School curriculum through living books, habits and outdoor learning as weather permits. Living books, usually written in narrative form, are chosen over text books when available. Living books give our students ideas and make a subject come alive, not just facts to be memorized. Narration in their own words helps secure the information in their minds.
Academics and Curriculum
Academic rigor is a cornerstone of classical education. The foundation of our curriculum is based on the educational model used at Hillsdale Academy- one of the nation’s leading classical schools. We value the knowledge and resources provided to us by Hillsdale.
Education For Life
Classical education places a high value on problem solving and written and oral communication. By the time our students reach high school they are well-versed enough to participate in any conversation and join any debate. Their leadership training prepares them to pursue any career and excel in life.
Today’s classical education is a reformation that perfectly blends old and new. Boone Prairie School is aimed at presenting Boone County and surrounding area parents with the best possible education for their children.
Students who transfer into Boone Prairie are placed into appropriate math, writing/grammar, Latin and phonics levels. This is shared in greater detail during your tour.
- Singapore Math (US Edition and Dimensions)
- Phonics | Spelling | Reading | Writing | Grammar (Logic of English | Classical Academic Press)
- Penmanship – Cursive beginning in Kindergarten (Foundations – Logic of English)
- Latin (Classical Academic Press)
- Science (Elemental Science – demonstrations/hands on/outside when possible)
- History (4 year cycle, Living books)
- Literature | Poetry | Reading
- Leadership – Entrepreneurial Discussions and Hands On Experiences/Book of Virtues/Moral Character
- Logic (Middle School) | Civics | Rhetoric (HS)
- Art of Argument/Argument Builder/Debate – Classical Academic Press
- Art | PE | Recess | Music History
9th-11th Grade (12th grade 2023)
Rhetoric | Composition | Literature | Leadership | History | Math (Algebra 1/2, Geometry, Trigonometry)| Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics), | Computer Skills | Health | PE | Language | Art | Debate | Argument